Saturday, November 13, 2010

H&M Hits PDX


Thursday, November 11 (11/11--fun!) was an exciting day in Downtown Portland for Oregon fashionistas.  H&M, Europe's leading fashion retailer, opened its doors to a line around the block filled with anxious shoppers ready to take advantage of the many reasonably-prices trends.  My out-of-state friends (ya know, the cool ones who live in California where H&M stores are as abundant as palm trees) laugh at how genuinely excited I was to hear H&M was coming to "little ole' Portland".  My response back?  H&M is like...one small step for Portland, one giant leap for Portland fashion.  I was born and raised here, PDX is my home, and I'm happy that we're making a little progress here.  So, I may not probably won't stay here after I graduate--other places remain undiscovered--but I will forever support the Northwest.

Based on H&M's goal "to ensure that the business is operated with the minimum use of resources and with as little impact on the environment as possible.", I'm actually surprised it took 'em so long to get here.  Oregon prides itself on a highly sustainable reputation--seems like the perfect fit if you ask me.  I mean, Lanvin is even teaming up with H&M, who wouldn't want to check it out?  The campaign video tells it all, view it below!

No comments:

Post a Comment